ZRB's Cyberspace - Health & Fitness

Health is wealth. But what defines good health? I started on this little quest and found out some very interesting answers. Just collating it all here so that I dont forget it myself. :-)

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

My blogs will talk for me...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Chiseled abs & my misunderstandings about it

My waist size, when I measured in August 2005 was 34.5+". I knew most of my Jeans & Pants that I had worn with the help of a belt, before I left for the US in June 2003, no longer could be worn even without a belt, not without causing me considerable discomfort. You don’t need to measure your waist size to know that many clothes no longer fit. I had known this in March 2005.

So I decided to get rid of the thick abs and get some nice slim flat abs. First thing that came to my mind was to do some abdominal workouts and get rid of the extra fat in my belly. I did some of the workouts I had learnt when I was a teenager and found that they were of no use. I was unaware that those workouts were called crunches in fitness lingo. Then I thought maybe these workouts no longer can help me and I needed something more vigorous and off to googling again.

What I found was new to me at that time… These were the revelations.

1) You can not create flat/chiseled abs with abs workouts alone.
a. Low body fat & abs workouts together do.
2) You have a lot more variety in abs workouts.
a. About.com has a great list of effective abs workouts. Check this page

With this new knowledge I started my routine with 3 of the workouts mentioned their, specifically those that did not require gym/other equipment.
1) Bicycle maneuver
2) Basic crunch
3) Half curl

But I had to do something about my body weight, especially my body fat to get that 6-pack. That will be the next part. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home